Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pork Fried Rice w/Sweet & Spicy Chicken

This is my Husband's recipe and tonight is the first time he showed me how to make it. I told him I wanted to put it on my blog, and even though I think he kept some secrets to himself, it was delicious!

Fried Rice:
4 eggs
3 cups cooked Jasmine Rice
1 package of Breakfast Pork Chops
4 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Sesame Oil
1 tbsp. Tony C's
1/2 cup Stir-fry sauce
3/8 cup of Oyster sauce


Brown the onions in 2 tbsp. of olive oil on
low heat while you chop up the meat & veggies.



Cut the pork chops into cubes.

Once the onions are brown, set aside.

Cook the eggs, chop 'em up, then side aside.

Season the pork with Tony C's, brown it in 2 tbsp. olive oil (BTW, if
I tried to flip stuff in a wok like Terry's doing, I'd have it all over the floor, me and Serenity - and she's sitting at the bar!), then set aside.

Put the rice in the wok, add the sesame oil, stir-fry sauce, and oyster sauce, and "fry" it. Basically that's just trying to get the moisture out of the rice, blending the seasonings, and incorporating the color the the onions to the rice (Terry "fries" the rice in two batches to make it easier to flip & fry). Stir in the pork and eggs.

That's it! My Hubby's Fried Rice! Mmm! It's delicious and pretty quick to make too - if you're not constantly interrupted by your pushy Wife who keeps getting in your way trying to take pictures (yada yada, w/e!). You can add some frozen peas and cubed carrots too, and sometimes he does, but this time he didn't. All those dark bits are onions. If you don't like 'em like that, then don't brown 'em that dark and you won't see 'em. But Cajuns
love love dark onions!


Sweet & Spicy Chicken:
1 package of boneless, skinless thighs
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
5 oz. Water
1/2 tsp. Chinese Five Spice
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. Tony C's
1/4 cup Stir-Fry Sauce
1/2 cup Honey
2 cloves of Garlic
1 Jalapeno Pepper
2 Onions
1 Bell Pepper
(I don't have every ingredient pictured 'cause Terry kept "forgetting" to tell me exactly what was in it - I think he was trying to keep more juicy secrets from me! He was like, "You're putting this on your blog, where anybody can see it?". He did tell me orange peel is good in it too, but we didn't have any! Just don't tell him I told y'all, okay?)


Cut the chicken, onion & jalapeno into strips, and dice the garlic. Unless you like it
really hot, remove all the seeds from the jalapeno! Terry forgot the bell pepper, and I think broccoli would've been good too. Next time!

Brown the chicken in the olive oil (I wish I could flip like that, I'm
really starting to get jealous over here!).

Add all the veggies & spices, mix together for a couple of minutes.

After mixing the cornstarch and water together, add it to your wok. Cook for 1 minute.

Add the honey (local honey is
best), and cook for another 3 minutes.

All done!


Delicious!!
Serenity was sitting at the bar eating and making faces at me! She kept saying, "Take 'Renity's picture Mommy!" - silly baby!


Have fun!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails