Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Painting by Katie M. Berggren


Longing for a child to love,
I'd wish upon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew,
A part of me was meant for you.

I think how happy we will be,
Once I adopt you, and you adopt me.

I dream of all the joy you'll bring,
Imagining even the littlest things.
The way it will feel to hold you tight
and tuck you in every night.

The drawings on the refrigerator door
and childhood toys across the floor,
The favorite stories read again and again
and hours of fun with make believe friends.

The day you took my outstretched hand
A journey ended but our love began.
Still mesmerized by your sweet face
Still warmed inside by our first embrace.

I promised to give you a happy home
and a loving family all your own.
A house you've now made complete
with laughter,smiles and tiny feet.

A parent is one who guides the way
Know I will be there every day
Rest easy as each night you sleep
A lifetime of love is yours to keep

Longing for a child to love
I'd wish upon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew
A part of me belonged to you.

-author unknown


Happy Mother's Day!

StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

Veelana said...

Lovely poem - and the picture is great, too! Now I've got to go check out your etsy store...
(don't ask me how I got here, I went blog hopping...)

You have a cute place on the net here!

Vee

Decor To Adore said...

What a gorgeous painting!

I hope you'll stop by and enter my giveaway.

Lara said...

What a beautiful painting and poem! Did you write the poem?

Krista said...

As a mom about to adopt the twin boys we have had since birth (now 2.5yrs old) that poem brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful!

And speaking of beautiful, Serenity is breathtakingly beautiful! Im surprised she isnt a professional model!

Related Posts with Thumbnails