Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chalkboard DAD Letters

This year for my husband on Father's Day I wanted to do a special photo with Serenity.

One of the things in the photo shoot will be some DAD letters that I painted with chalkboard paint.

It was very easy - even for someone like me who can't paint!

Here's what you'll need if you want to make your own:


One can of chalkboard paint - you'll have plenty leftover for other projects!
$9.99 at Wal-Mart:



A foam roller for a smooth finish.
$3.99 at Wal-Mart:



I liked using these little foam paint brushes.
About $.89/each at Wal-Mart:



Letters from Michael's.
Less than $5/each:



This is after the first coat - I probably should've lightly sanded the letters first to get the paint to stick better:



This is after the second coat:



And this is after the third coat - I definitely should've sanded the letters first:



My fingers are messier than Serenity's when she paints!


All in all, I like how they turned out. There are a few things I would've done a little differently:

1. Lightly sand the letters first.
2. BE PATIENT and wait longer in-between coats.
3. Start this project earlier!!

When I'm finished the photo shoot I'll share my pictures so y'all can see how it turned out!


Have fun!


Somewhat Simple




StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails