Friday, October 28, 2011

Mini Mod

Another Mini Mod week with Baby Making Machine!!

I love participating in Mini Mod, but this week I totally forgot to grab my Canon and only got pictures of Serenity with my cell.
It's an older one (3GS), so it doesn't take the best pictures.

I totally need the new 4S iPhone - with that awesome 8MB camera!

This week I've got two cute outfits to share.


In the picture below, Serenity is wearing the Lilo costume I made last year for Disney.
She's all dressed up for the Halloween party at her Dance class.

To make the dress, I used Leila & Ben's Sweet Little Dress PDF pattern.
It's so simple to sew, the instructions are excellent - it's one of my favorite patterns and I use it over and over!
For the Lilo dress, I simply made the dress longer.
I did that by cutting the bodice on the 3T line and the length on the 5T line.
I also didn't put elastic around the sleeves so the dress would look more like Lilo's.
To make the leaves on the dress, I re-sized one I found online and made super simple appliques.
I didn't sew my appliques down, but it's a good idea to do that just in case.
So easy - so darn cute!

I also made the pretty Hibiscus clippie in her hair, and the leis around her neck.
You can find the silk flowers I used HERE and HERE.

If you want to learn how to make your own clippies, check out my clippie tutorial HERE.
Serenity's little blue flip-flops are from Old Navy!



The pretty dress Serenity is wearing in this next picture is of course a courtneycourtney!
Courtney is my absolutely favorite children's clothing designer.

She wore this outfit to the Pumpkin Patch today!

The dress is upcycled and recycled at it's best because not only is the dress made using only salvaged knits, it's also a hand-me-down!

Serenity's adorably matching Hanna Andersson mules are a sweet hand-me-down find on Ebay.
Awesome savings on both pieces!
Gotta love it!

I made her crocheted headband - you can find my instructions HERE.


Have fun!

Mini Mod

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your outfits are so adorable! Don't you love having a girl and dressing her up? You are sewing up a storm mama and I'm so proud (and jealous!) good job! And thanks for linking up to mini mod!

bvega88@yahoo.com said...

Hi,
I really love the LILO costume u made for Serenity! Now I was wondering if u ever make these dresses to sell? I'm not crafty at all so it would almost be impossible for me to even try to make this dress.

Karrie said...

Would you mind sharing your applique pattern for the leaf????

Related Posts with Thumbnails